AIQ Solutions is searching for a Key Account and Business Development Manager to help support our sales and marketing organization as we manage incredible growth.
The Key Account and Business Development Manager is commercially oriented and works collaboratively with customers and internal stakeholders (marketing, research and development, and sales operations) to create, develop, and close sales opportunities in a timely manner.
The Key Account and Business Development Manager will have significant opportunity for breadth of experience and career advancement in a start-up environment.
- Achieve sales goals through developing a consistent pipeline of key customer accounts and new accounts in pharmaceuticals and biotechnologies sectors.
- Articulate the breadth and benefits of our products to prospective and existing customers.
- Facilitate both on-site and virtual meetings with senior management level decision makers and deliver relevant, impactful customer presentations.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and account updates to management as required.
- Plan and attend trade shows, conferences, and scientific meetings to generate leads and drive brand awareness.
- Report and maintain timely and thorough notes on account activities and opportunities in Salesforce.com.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for satisfactory performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Research shows that some groups of applicants apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria while other groups often apply only when they fit every single item. If you believe you could excel in this role, but don’t meet every single criteria, please apply anyway. Tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
- Master of Science degree; PhD of Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors; understanding of the oncology, translational medicine, or imaging market is preferred.
- Established success and completed transactions with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies (“Deal sheet”).
- An existing network in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors; contacts with clinical decision makers preferred.
- Proven track record of breaking into new key accounts.
- Self-motivated and proactive personality with strong hunting skills to find new opportunities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker with proven track record of consultative selling strategies and creativity in tactical execution.
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and goals of the sales organization and support appropriate processes to facilitate achievement of business objectives.
- Ability to learn and maneuver complex relationship within the customer organizations to drive sales to closure.
- Ability to evaluate issues, make decisions and recommend possible solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks along a parallel process.
- Comfortable working independently in the fast-paced, ambiguous environment of a start-up company with the ability to prioritize business needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Willing and able to travel overnights minimum 50% of time.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
AIQ Solutions, based in Madison, Wisconsin, has developed a medical device technology platform based on advanced analytics, including artificial intelligence, to revolutionize evaluation of treatment response in patients with complex diseases.
This description is subject to change at the discretion of management without notice and at any time. The duties contained in this description maybe added to depending upon the needs of the company. This document provides a general guideline for the nature and level of work performed by employees within this role and should not be construed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for employees assigned to this job.